Saturday, July 5, 2008

Lazing Around!

Here is a quick card I made up the other night that combines two challenges over on the Hanna Stamps member forums on SCS. The first challenge is one to celebrate the release of the new Hanna stamps today ... we were to create a card using a summer/outdoor theme. It was easy to decide to use this "Lazy Hanna" set.

The weekly Hanna challenge this week is themed around 4th July .... and was inspired by the song "Yankee Doodle" .... so the challenge for this was to include doodles (or flourishes) on her card. I added doodles to the awning that Hanna is lying under and also on Hanna's shirt.

Someone recently asked me how cold it gets here in Winter after I posted my winter themed Magnolia card earlier this week. Well I guess we are lucky as compared to many of you in the US etc ... it doesn't really get that cold here ... we don't get snow for one thing. Most winter days average around 17 C (62 F) during the day .... at night it can get down to about 8 to 10C (46 to 50F). It was quite a lovely day on Wednesday when I posted my winter card ... and like I predicted it has now got a lot cooler since then ... but still not as bad as other people experience in winter so I am not complaining!


Recipe:
Stamps: Lazy Hanna - Hanna Stamps; Flourish - Autumn Leaves
Paper: White; Black; Tempting Turquoise - SU; DP - Memory Box
Other: Black Ink; Regal Rose SU Ink; Foam Tape



4 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

She looks so relaxed, love your grass Frances, awesome job.

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable! I love your flourished awning and your lazy Hanna....looks like a fun way to spend some time. Kheila

Anonymous said...

Adorable card!! The Hanna stamps are so cute!

All the weather around here seems to be gloomy for the last two weeks. It's been cloudy, frequent scary thunderstorms w/hail and lots of rain:( I like your weather, Frances:)

Holly Young said...

Really cute card! Love your doodles!

Holly