Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dare To Get Dirty!

It is Dare To Get Dirty time again over at SCS, I had so much fun participating in this last year that I have been looking forward to this years event. Past & present members of the Dirty Dozen will be hosting challenges over the next week ... 2 challenges per day on week days and 4 challenges on Saturday & Sunday.

For my card today I combined the first two challenges ... one of the challenges was to use vellum on our card. I added the vellum as a layer over my main image and then stamped my sentiment over the top of it ... this gives the image a nice subtle look! The second challenge was to use ribbon .... I love using the wide ribbon on my cards so I selected this wide ribbon from Papertrey Ink I got earlier in the year.

My card also works for this weeks OCC challenge over on Our Creative Corner's blog which was to use embossing on our card. I used my swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder to create the embossing on the base of my card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Thomas Kinkade Christmas Village - CHF; Sentiment - Print Works
Paper: White; Always Artichoke; River Rock & Cranberry Crisp - SU; Vellum
Other: Black Ink; Always Artichoke SU Ink; Spring Moss Grosgrain Ribbon; Cranberry Eyelets; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder


5 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Beautiful Frances!! Love the vellum over that TK image!! And I love the colors too!! Awesome!!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Frances, this is beautiful! What a wonderful image to do a vellum overlay for...wow~ Thanks for playing along with us at the OCC

Rachel Hope said...

Lovely!!! I need to search for my Vellum!

Cindy Haffner said...

So pretty Frances, so happy you did the OCC challenge.

Monica said...

Just gorgeous!!! I love this card!