Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Window Card!

This week's challenge with my fab/sassy friends on SCS was to make a window card .... this could be a type of construction card ... it could be a card that simply has a stamped window on it ... or even a punched hole that forms a window.

As I recently received my Long Rectangle Nestabilities dies I decided to use those to create my window card. First of all I covered the front of my folded white card with my DP. I then cut out my scallop long rectangle from pink card and attached it where it needed to go. Next I placed my classic long rectangle die over the pink scalloped card and cut out my hole.

I used the same classic long rectangle die to cut out my white card that I had stamped my magnolia image onto and layered this to the pink card.

To finish the card I added white dots to each of the scallops and my ribbon to the left side of my card. I also added stickles to the wings and crystal effects to the balloons.

Recipe:
Stamps: Tilda with Balloons - Magnolia Stamps; Sentiment - Papertrey Ink
Paper: White; Pink Passion - SU; Birthday Candles DP - Around the Block
Other: Black Ink; Long Rectangle Nestabilities; White Gel Pen; Crystal Stickles; Crystal Effects; Orange Ribbon


7 comments:

Linda Carson said...

Whoa! This is one awesome card! Brilliant, just brilliant!

Dawn said...

so adorable!! just got the long Nesties too... I love this!!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

I love how bright and cheery this card is. You did a great job on your window!

Renee said...

She is so cute! I just ordered my first stamps from Sweeden today!

Anonymous said...

Love these little images! You did an awesome job of coloring her, too! Love this window card! I didn't quite get it until I saw the second image - really quite effective!

Diane said...

I L-O-V-E this card!! She is too adorable,and the colors are OMG!!!
Beuatiful!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

very cute card!
love this idea!

Claudia Rosa