Sunday, April 6, 2008

River Rock Turtle

Today's card uses stamps from a brand new stamp company called H&M Stamps ... a number of months ago I was asked to join the design team of this company, which I agreed to :). This is a sneak peek at what will be available as of the 10th May when H&M Stamps starts selling it's stamps etc to the public. For more information about H&M Stamps and who else is on the Design Team check out this post on Heather's blog.

This card combines two challenges ... firstly it is for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge ... which by now you all know I love to do each weekend.

The 2nd challenge is this week's limited supply challenge on SCS ..... it has been a while since I have done the limited supply challenge ... but a friend mentioned it to me the other day and this one sparked my interest so I had to go check it out ... the challenge was to create a card using only white & one other color that is NOT a neutral. The idea here was to pick a color say River Rock as I have used on my card and use only that ... we couldn't use other shades of a color eg River Rock & Old Olive .

As I wanted to use one of the new H&M Stamps on my card I decided to go with a River Rock theme for my card ... it seemed a color that would work with the turtle in "Sealife Friends".

I stamped my turtle in black and used my circle nestabilities to cut out the circle & scallop circles. The designer paper used here is the River Rock Designer Series Paper. I pulled out my dots & spots cuttlebug embossing folder for this card .... I thought it was about time I used one of my older embossing folders that have been neglected since I purchased the newest ones earlier in the year. After I had embossed my river rock card I then used my sponging block to highlight the raised areas using my river rock ink pad. The ribbon was white, I colored this with a marker I use when I use river rock card it is such a perfect match .... for those wondering it is a tria marker which I don't think is available anymore :( ...... I am hoping there is an alternative in copics which I am just in the process of changing over to. To finish the card I added a white flower and brads to my card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Turtle & Sentiment from Sealife Friends - H&M Stamps
Papers: White; River Rock & River Rock DP - SU
Other: Black Ink; River Rock SU Ink; White Grosgrain Ribbon; Circle Nestabilities; White Flower; Brads; Oval Punch; Designer Label Punch; Foam Tape

7 comments:

Linda Carson said...

Such a fun card! LOVE IT!

csroyal said...

I'm going to have anxiety attacks waiting for May 10th! I cannot wait to get my hands on this stamp and the others that have been shown. Love them! This is a fantastic card!

Laura said...

wow! what a beautiful card. I just loooooove river rock!

Paula said...

What amazing colours! I simply love it. All your cards are stunning.

Diane said...

Wonderful card!!!!!!

Sheila said...

Oh this is just beautiful. I love the colour.

Kim said...

What a wonderful card, it all goes together so perfectly! I love it!