Monday, April 28, 2008

Penguin's Sunny Day!

Happy Monday to you all ... Monday of course means another CCEE challenge I do with my goofball friends over on SCS. This week it was a supply challenge seeing that it is the last Monday of the month and it was my turn to send the supplies to everyone to use of their cards today.

I only just had a turn a couple of months back but when I saw these cute stamps a few months back I had decided this would make a good supply challenge especially as one of the other members of our group absolutely loves penguins ... at the time I had to send off my previous supplies these stamps etc hadn't arrived in Australia so I was unable to purchase them so picked something else for us to do ... but when the following month I found they had arrived I quickly purchased 8 of everything so that I could send them off to my CCEE friends. These little guys have travelled more then me hehe!

I kept it fairly simple this month with the supplies ... I sent everyone both penguin stamps and the DP .... the instructions was that we had to use at least one of the penguins ... bonus points if we used two (however there are no prizes so it doesn't really matter ... but my friend Cammie ... likes bonuses so there you go :) ). They also had to use some of the DP on their cards too ... other than that they could do whatever they wanted.

On Wednesday night after I had created my card for this week's sketch challenge on SCS ... it occurred to me that if I used a sentiment in the centre panel I could have the penguins on either side of it .... so I started stamping my card ... hoping against hope no one else thought of this idea with these images as I know a number of people have them as they are so darn cute!

The sentiment is stamped in black ink and then I used a sun image and stamped this randomly over the background using yellow ink. The penguins were stamped in black and then colored ... I masked the penguins to stamp the sand line which is actually a stamp and then colored my sand & sky. I discovered this cute tiny flower in my stash of prima flowers (I think this is thanks to my friend Kim) .... so I attached this over the flower that is stamped on the girl penguin. Her bikini top has been colored using spica markers to give it a glittery look which unfortunately you can't see online.

Recipe:
Stamps: Girl & Boy Penguins - Imaginisce
Paper: White; Black; Real Red & Sun Yellow - SU; Shore Thing DP - Imaginisce
Other: Black Ink; Sun Yellow SU Ink; Prima Flower; Red & Yellow Brads; Foam Tape


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww, this is so adorable!! I'm glad to see those teeny tiny primas are good for something. Great work!