Monday, February 4, 2008

Spring is Coming!


Spring is coming ... well for those of you who live in the northern hemisphere anyway .... for those of us in the southern part of the world .... it is only one month left before autumn arrives.

This card is for this weeks CCEE challenge I do with my goofy friends on SCS! Our challenge this week was that since February 2nd was groundhog's day ... we had to make a card telling you what I thought might happen that day ..... are you having more winter or is spring coming!

Well as I mentioned in the paragraph before ... it will be neither spring or winter down where I live for a number of months yet ... so I not all that concerned about that groundhog poking up or not LOL ... sorry to you guys up there hehe ... we don't even have groundhogs down here where I live!

With that in mind I decided to have my card depict spring .... and as I don't have groundhogs ... I decided a fairy would be a good way to have spring appear .... I have a feeling it is really fairies who get those beautiful flowers ready for us anyway ;)

This card also features one of the new stamps to be released by My Favorite Things on Wednesday 6th February ..... the flowers are from the new Eggstra Special Easter set. I will have a few more cards to show you using this set over the next few days.

My Favorite Things is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, 6th February from 9-11 p.m. Eastern time. Lots of fun is planned including finding out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. Head over to the MFT forum on SCS to find out all the details and join us there on Wednesday night.

Recipe: Stamps: All MFT: flowers -
Eggstra Special Easter; Grass & Leaves - It's a Jungle; Fairy - Birthday Princess
Paper: White; Black; Rose Red; Old Olive - SU
Other: Black Ink; Old Olive; Soft Sky; Green Galore; Clear Stickles; Black Brads; Cloud Stencil



7 comments:

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

This card is stunning, Frances! I love that fairy and all the flowers. Great job on the coloring!

Carolyn King said...

I guess is Australia they have fairies that check the weather?!?!?

lol! Your card is fantastic...love the happy spring scene! GREAT job girl!

Anonymous said...

This is a really cute card! I'm personally glad that Spring is on its way - 45 more days (sigh). I'm tired of the winter blahs.

Elizebeth said...

This is really cute, I like that you used the fairy with this!

Unknown said...

Your card is amazing! Fantastic job on your challenge, I love it!

Linda Carson said...

Most EXCELLENT artwork!

Sherry Campbell said...

I love your card even though the groundhog said Spring isn't coming (here anyway) for another 6 weeks! At least your card can cheer me up.