Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Slippery When Wet!

Here is another MFTeaser for you .... I am just loving the " twisted sentiment" set which will be released on Wednesday 6th February by My Favorite Things.

This card is very appropriate today as we have had storms all afternoon ... so it would be fairly slippery outside and very wet ... as some places experienced flooding!

I has taken me a while to catch up but I finally was able to get to this week's MFT sketch challenge which I have been enjoying doing during the past month or so. I did flip the sketch as I felt my image looked better on the left side of the card then the right which is what it showed on the sketch. This also started of as this week's color challenge which was real red, apricot appeal and ballet blue ... but I felt cool caribbean matched better with my puddle so I went with that color instead.

I paper pieced the girls & the dogs coats using the same DP I used for the background on this card. I also used my rectangle nestabilities to layer the image to ... the rectangle was too big so I cut it down and then joined it again. Along the bottom edge of the card created three rows of paper piercing.

My Favorite Things is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, 6th February from 9-11 p.m. Eastern time. Lots of fun is planned including finding out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. Head over to the MFT forum on SCS to find out all the details and join us there on Wednesday night.

Recipe:
Stamps: Rain or Shine - MFT stamps; Twisted Sentiments - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Real Red & Cool Caribbean - SU; Floral DP - DCWV
Other: Black Ink; Cool Caribbean SU Ink; Rectangle Nestabilities; Aqua Grosgrain Ribbon; Aqua Brads; Circle Punch; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Foam Tape


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so going to love that new set! I LOVE your card, its perfect for today!!

Linda Carson said...

You ladies are mean w/teasing us each month!! lol Wonderful piece of artwork....as usual....

Anonymous said...

hmmm lovely card..U have done nice piece of work.Thanks for sharing with us.
keep up the work.
www.lifeinfozone.com/category/shopping/