Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Pyramid Card

Hi everyone ... my card today is a pyramid card. These are fun and are fairly simple to make once you know how. I have included a few different angles of this card today ... the front on photo above and then 2 photos of it side on which you can see below.



















Ok so how are these made, you will need:
2 pieces of card 10.5cm square (4inches) color 1
1 piece of card 10.5cm square (4 inches) color 2

1. Fold all pieces of card in half to create a triangle .... unfold.

2. Postition the 2 pieces of card that are the same color side by side as per the diagram below so that the fold starts from the centre (where the two cards meet) out towards the lower outside edges.

3. Place the 3rd piece of card (the different colored piece) so that the fold runs along the join of the previous 2 pieces. Adhere this piece so that the right side is over the square on the right and the left side is under the square on the left ... see diagram below.

4. Cut a slit as indicated this is so that when the card is folded in upright position the card remains closed (this is optional)

5. Decorate your pyramid card as desired.
Recipe:
Stamps: Bee - Stampendous
Paper: Lavendar Lace & Elegant Eggplant - SU; White; Floral Stack Pack - DCWV
Other: Black Ink; Circle Nestabilities; Purple Brads; White Gel Pen; Foam Tape

20 comments:

LAZY-TROUT said...

That is sooooo cool - will try that one sometime!

Anonymous said...

Sooo adorable - and great instructions and diagram! I think I'll also give it a try.

Unknown said...

So adorable!! I'm going to have to try this sometime...thanks for the easy instructions.

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Very cool, Hoots! You've been holding out on us! LOL.

Goldi96 said...

What a sweet card. Great form. Likes me very well. Many greetings from Germany

Jenny

Laura lok said...

wow very cool and so unique

Holly Young said...

What a neat idea for a card. Thanks for sharing the instructions.

Anonymous said...

This is a great card. Thanks for sharing the technique. I just had one question - did you adhere the third side to get that to stay in place?

Thanks again,
Kristina G

Anonymous said...

Only just come across your sight, I just love this card. Thanks so much.

Gillie (UK)

Kathie McGuire said...

What a perfect card design for a small image. Just what I've been looking for! You're a doll for sharing this. Thank you. ~Kathie McGuire www.kathiemcguire.blogspot.com

craft mad Jenny said...

such a great card, i'll be trying this out later!

Angelswings_2 said...

Thank you for letting me use your wonderful idea... Here is my blog.
One of my first cards made this way.
Kerry

Sally said...

Thank you for the idea, am going to give it a try.

Vanessa Webb said...

This is an awesome card! Thanks so much for the tutorial and template :)

Pat Vilbaum said...

HI,
Just want to thank you for sharing your instructions for the pyramid card. I saw a link to it on someone's blog, don't even know where now. But thought I should try one. It is so cute and others have seen yours and gotten very creative with these pyramids. Looked at the " Pyramid Card" on the gallery and Oh, my! Now I have to make some more of them.
Your other cards are very nice too; I like your style, not too busy. Just right! TTFN Pat

Joynana said...

Love this card, I saw it on another blog and they showed me the way here. What a wonderful idea. I love those things that are different.

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

This card is so cool. I taught this to a class yesterday and am teaching it again on Monday. Just love your blog. So glad you are on my blog list :)
I will be posting a pic on my blog of my completed card today.
cheers
Deanne
xxx

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

Hey Frances, here is the link to the post on my blog with the photo. THanks again for the wonderful inspiration.
http://mystampingplace.blogspot.com/2011/02/cards-and-blankets.html
Deanne
xx

Myrna Marcano said...

So adorable card.
Thanks !
Hugs, Myrna

Leena Girsa said...

Thanks for the clear and easy-to-follow instructions. I have created my own pyramid card and linked to this post. You can view my card here:
https://alacards.blogspot.ca/2016/06/ready-for-adventure.html?showComment=1465386356960#c3463234107813067432

Thanks so much for sharing this fun fold!