Thursday, February 21, 2008

A No Flower Sympathy Card!

Wow the week flies by so quickly .... it is hard to believe that it is already time for another challenge with my fab/sassy friends on SCS. This week for our challenge we had to create a sympathy card .... but there was a catch ..... we weren't allowed to use flowers!

Well when I read this challenge I was hoping that my new Gina K Design stamps would arrive before I had to make my card ... luck was with me as they did a few days before so I used the stamps from the "He is Risen" set to create my card.

Now making a sympathy card without using flowers .... isn't too hard ... but the hard part is to remember that when choosing your DP or embellishments that they aren't flowers either ... it would have been so easy to forget ... but I didn't.

The image I used is actually 2 stamps ... the verse & the cross. I first stamped the verse onto my white card using chocolate chip ink ... I inked up the cross, stamped it off once on scrap paper and then stamped it over the verse ... I also used my stamp positioner so that it was in the place I wanted it to be.

Recipe: Stamps: He is Risen set - Gina K Designs
Paper: White; Chocolate Chip & Not Quite Navy - SU; Norwegian Wood DP - Kelly Panacci
Other: Chocolate Chip SU Ink; Brown Brads; Blue Brads; Foam Tape

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!!

Linda Carson said...

PERFECT!

Laura lok said...

beautiful card. this is a great set I am loving what I see with it but have resisted buying it so far

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

This is perfect, Frances. Very elegant!