Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Namaste`


Well I finally have managed to get Beate's weekend sketch challenge done for this week ... I normally like to do it on Saturday, but this week I was busy with other things.

This is a little MFTeaser ... the stamps used here are from one of the new sets which will be released on Wednesday 6th February by My Favorite Things over at SCS. This is a yoga themed set called "Serenity Now" .... not being someone who knows a lot about yoga ... I had no idea what Namaste`meant, which is the greeting I used on this card .... so I decided to look it up.

Namaste` is pronounced "Nam-a-stay" ... there seems to be a few different interpretations ... this is one I found .


Namaste is an Indian expression used as a greeting or upon parting, by putting the palms of the hands together in prayer position. It means, “I honor the Spirit in you which is also in me.”

This, of course, is also a way of saying, “I recognize that we are all equal.”

Deepak Chopra

My Favorite Things is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, 6th February from 9-11 p.m. Eastern time. Lots of fun is planned including finding out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. Head over to the MFT forum on SCS to find out all the details and join us there on Wednesday night.


Recipe:
Stamps: Serenity Now Set - My Favorite Things
Paper: White; Pumpkin Pie & Chocolate Chip - SU; Mellow DP - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Word Window Punch; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Brown Brads; Foam Tape


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping you were going to get to play this week. I always look forward to see what you are doing with the sketch!
Like always it's a fantastic card. LOVE the warm colors, love the teaser stamp....AWESOME card!
Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

This is so worth the wait....beautiful card, as always!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

LOVE this, Frances -- great dp and gorgeous coloring, as always. And your spring card in the previous post is just too, too sweet!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Another gorgeous card, Frances! This set is ALL MINE!