Friday, February 29, 2008

Hoppy 2008!

Yes I know it is getting late to be making calendars for 2008 .... however I recently purchased some of those small calendars from a friend and I still have a few sitting here that need to be used up. So when I received this cute little tin from Gina K Designs to do something with for the Design Team I thought why not do a calendar ... as it was different to what I had seen the other Design Team Members do.

To start of I used my alcohol inks to color the outside of my tin ... I used lettuce & meadow adirondack alcohol inks to do that. I added a number of layers to the tin heat setting between layers to get the color and effect I wanted.

I used my oval nestabilities to create my layers for my Hoppy frog.

I created a little scene for the top panel of my calendar ... the Hoppy is from the same set as the rest of the images ... the 2008 is created using Karen Foster snap stamps. I also added a piece of ribbon between the panels to help lift up the calendar when you open the tin.

To create the inside accordion panels I measured the size of the inside of the tin and then cut my card to size by the length of the tin ... I then used the measurement of the width of the tin as my guide to score the card to create the accordion panel. I did have to add on some card to make the accordion the size I needed.

I also used my corner rounder to round all the corners ... this helps the accordion card fit in the tin better as the tin has rounded edges.

Before attaching the calendar pieces to there respective places ... I first stamped the puddle from Hoppy for You by Melanie Muenchinger at Gina K. Designs.

The bottom panel is attach to the bottom of the tin.


Recipe:
Stamps:
Hoppy for you - Gina K Designs; Karen Foster Snap Stamps (2008)
Paper: White; Gable Green - SU
Other: Black Ink; Celeste Blue Impress Ink; Green Galore SU Ink; Oval Nestabilities; Tin from Gina K Designs; Meadow & Lettuce Adirondack Alcohol Inks; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Score It Board; Corner Rounder; Grosgrain Ribbon

6 comments:

Linda Carson said...

Aren't you clever & creative! This project is FABULOUS!

Jana Weaver said...

Good Morning Francis! VERY cute idea...I love it! And now...I'm off to bed! ;-)

SusanBluerobot said...

love this one

Unknown said...

So adorable and creative....I LOVE IT!!

Michele Kovack said...

OMG this is so clever!!! You really do think outside of the box!

Diane said...

Ever neat!!! Love it!!