Saturday, February 9, 2008

Hippo Love!

Today I managed to combine 3 challenges in the one card ... yahhhhhhh! To begin this is the sketch for Beate's weekend sketch challenge .. which I normally do on a Saturday.

My friend Amber is guest hosting the limited supply challenge ... and she told me yesterday that I had to do her challenge hehe .. which I have done! The challenge for this was to make a make a non traditional valentines day card ... not too hard cause I also made one the other day hehe ... but there were limits:
  • No flower stamps/cuttlebug/die cuts/rub ons, etc
  • No Heart stamps/cuttlebug/die cuts/rub ons, etc
  • No shades of red (that includes pink) ink, paper, ribbon, etc
  • Limited layers (try to keep it under 4)
  • embellishments are okay as long as they are not hearts/flowers or shades of red
I decided to use my Gina K hippo from the " Just so Hippy" set ... he is just sooo sweet! I think I met the challenge pretty well ... except maybe for the layers ... but it did say try ... and I tried and I couldn't do less then I did hehe!

Also on Thursday the Ways to Use it challenge was " going dotty" ... well there are plenty on dots on this one ... the DP, the cuttlebugged background and the brads are kind of dots too now aren't they hehe!

The hippo was stamped twice on white card and colored ... I cut out just the body of the second image and attached it over the first using foam tape. I masked the hippo to stamp the grass & clouds. I used my rectangle nestabilities die to create the scallop layer for the hippo.

I used my spots and dots cuttlebug embossing folder to create the background for my amethyst panel.

Did you know that Gina K is releasing some new stamps this Sunday! here are the deets:

Gina K Designs will be holding a release party on Splitcoaststampers in the forum on Sunday night from 7-9 p.m. central time (8-10 p.m. eastern). Join us for fun and games! Four new sets will be added to the store as well as some very cool new embellishments! Hope to see you there! Don't forget to check out Gina's blog if you want to see some sneak peeks!

Recipe:
Stamps: Just so Hippy - Gina K; Grass - Hero Arts; Clouds - Mostly Animals
Paper: White; Almost Amethyst; Lavendar Lace; Elegant Eggplant; Oh Baby Girl DP - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Old Olive SU Ink; Celeste Blue Impress Ink; White Grosgrain Ribbon; Spots & Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Purple Brads; Foam Tape

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You know I love this! Great job combining all the challenges!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful take on the sketch, Frances. Love the card!
Thanks so much for playing!
Have a great weekend. Hugs and smiles

Diane said...

Oh I love this hippo,I ordered the set and can't wait to get it!!
You did an exceptional job on your card,love the colors and everything about it!!!

Carol said...

I can relate to this Hippo! If i spend so much time sitting on it, my bottom will soon be as big as hers!!!
Great card :) love it!!!
Carol x

Goldi96 said...

Very cute card.

Greetings from
Jenny