Monday, February 25, 2008

Hi Friend!




Hi everyone ... hope you all had a great weekend ... it is Monday here which means it is time for another challenge with my goofy CCEE friends on SCS. This month it was my turn to supply the items for our supply challenge ... so I guess that means I can't complain about anything in the challenge right hehe! Just as well then that I didn't have any problems with it.

Everyone was posted the same items and were instructed to do the following:
  • 2 sheets of double sided DP by Imaginisce (use at least one side of this DP)
  • 3 violet brads (use at least 1 on your card)
  • 1 clear flower (must use on card)
  • 1 ribbon charm (please use)
  • Ribbon - this could be substituted with their own ribbon if they wished
For my card I decided to use a new Rubber Romance image " Ally & Her Dog", that a friend sent to me this week ... I had been trying to get this image for a little while with no luck ... so I was thrilled when I got it in the mail. I was able to make use of both sides of the DP I selected using this layout. I added a couple of additional clear flowers to my flower ... the centre one I colored using alcohol inks and attached it to the top of my card using the brad I had to use. To the top left hand corner I used my paper piercing mat & tool to create a paper pierced corner. I threaded my ribbon onto the ribbon charm and then tied it in a knot to form a bow. The sentiment is by Papertrey Ink ... I thought it fitted this card as it certainly looks to me that Ally & her dog are friends.

Recipe:
Stamps:
Ally & Her Dog - Rubber Romance

Papers:
White; Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive & Morning Glory - SU; Out on the Whim DP - Imaginisce

Other:
Black Ink; Old Paper Distress Ink; Clear Flowers; White Grosgrain Ribbon; Violet Brad; Ribbon Charm; Oval Punch; Label Punch;
Eggplant Adirondack Alcohol Ink; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Foam Tape

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew that she was meant for you!
This is a gorgeous card:)

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Wow, Frances, this is another stunner! I love it!

Kimme said...

This is really cute! I can't seem to figure out my plastic flowers. That may be my challenge to myself this week ;)

Judy in Indiana said...

I love your teepee cat. It is such a cute stamp. Maybe I could win George Clooney's attention with it?

Unknown said...

This is way more gorgeous than mine! I might have to put that stamp away now. ;)