Sunday, February 24, 2008

Happy Easter!



Well after 2 whole months of owning the Cricut Design Studio I was finally able to use it and make a card .... I have had a few dramas getting mine to work ... so I was really really happy when I could actually do something with it.

I have seen a few cards around that have used the design studio to create the letters at the edge of the card so I really wanted to try one myself ... I found this great tutorial on how to do it on my friend Susan's blog .... she has some great tutorials which help with this program if you are interested.

I decided to combine mine with the rabbit from Gina K Designs " Just so Hoppy" and of course my nestabilities too. For those interested I used the Base Camp cricut cartridge to create the letters around the side of the card.



Recipe:
Stamps: Just so Hoppy - Gina K Designs; Grass - Hero Arts; Clouds - Mostly Animals
Paper: White; Gable Green, Pretty In Pink & Regal Rose - SU
Other: Black Ink; Gable Green SU Ink; Celeste Blue Impress Ink; Rectangle Nestabilities; Foam Tape

7 comments:

Alli Miles said...

This is a FABULOUS card...I love the Happy easter on the edge!!

Linda Carson said...

WOW! You've just gone way over the creative meter on this one!! This is one FANTASTIC card!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely adorable!! You almost make me wish I had a cricut....almost. ;)

Donna Baker said...

wow - this card is FABULOUS! enter it in Melanie's contest!

SusanBluerobot said...

SUSAN doing a happy dance that you finally used your design studio. The worst part is the trouble with getting it installed now you can make make make. thanks for linking to the blog too

LOVE your card btw

Unknown said...

Oh Frances this is fabulous, this is making me want the cd now, does it do those types of things on the ordinary Cricut?

Hugs

Alex xx
www.sillybirds.blogspot.com

Melanie said...

Oh my this is amazing!!!

don't go makin' me want a Cricut, please!!