Monday, February 18, 2008

Hanna Had A Little Lamb!

Hanna had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb .... Hanna had a little lamb it's fleece was white as snow. Sorry ... but I just couldn't help myself .... hehe!

The stamps used on this card are from the new Hanna Stamps Springtime set which is to be released this coming Friday 22nd February .... I just love this set ... Hanna reminds me of Little Bo Peep and Mary Had a little Lamb! I had such fun creating the scene in this card.

It is also Monday which means it is time for another CCEE challenge with my goofy friends on SCS, this weeks challenge was to make a card with 18 buttons on it. Wow 18 buttons .... I am not really a big button person when it comes to cards ... I do sometimes use buttons or decorative buttons on my cards ... but never 18. When I first read this challenge I thought what on earth and then remembered that I had a button background stamp and various other button related stamps so I had planned on using those on a card .... and then saying I had more then 18 buttons on my card. However when I was creating this card, I needed to add something else to it to finish it off ... my first thought was brads ... but then I remembered the button brads I got last year and I discovered that I could fit 6 on either side of the sentiment ... which made 12 buttons so I only needed to find a place to put 6 more ... I can do that! So I decided to add the photo corners to the top corners of my card and add the button brads there. Yeah I did it .... 18 buttons yah!

Yes I know button brads aren't real buttons .... but they are still button related so I figure that is close enough LOL! My friend Cindy who set this challenge will no doubt have something to say .... but as she has pulled some fast ones in these challenges in the past she won't be able to say too much hehe!!!!

I stamped Hanna onto the white card and masked it to create the scene .... I also stamp the dress onto the floral DP and paper pieced this onto card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Springtime Set & Things Hanna Would Say - Hanna Stamps
Paper: White; Black; Lavendar Lace & Sun Yellow - SU; DP - ?
Other: Black Ink; Old Olive SU Ink; Celeste Blue Impress Ink; Photo Corner Punch; Oval Punch; Word Window Punch; Button Brads

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay! I can't wait for the new Hanna stamps! That care is cute as a button! Great job!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful scene you have created! Darling new Hanna image.

Diane said...

Oh my this is gorgeous!!! Love all
the bright colors and that set looks AWESOME!!!! Can't wait to see
it!!!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

As always, your coloring is stunning! Love the little button brads, too ~ they are perfect for your new Hanna!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable scene! The Hanna stamps are sooo cute, too.

Anonymous said...

She's just perfect, Frances! I love the colors ... delightful!

~Bev

Unknown said...

Hanna is so adorable with her lamb and all those buttons.

Carolyn King said...

You are a nut--but this card is sooo cute girl!
Love the whole scene you created even if you cheated on the challenge (nanner nanner!)

Linda Carson said...

Wonderful, wonderful!