Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Biker Hanna!


I promised yesterday that I would show you a card using the other new set "Route 66" by Hanna Stamps which will be released this Friday 22nd February. Doesn't Hanna look good on a motorbike! I think this is a very versatile set ... many of the accessories in this set would be just as suitable for a male.

I decided to give Hanna a pink motorbike this time round .... I know there are a few pink bikes around as I checked that online before I started coloring. As I colored the tyres, seat etc using grey I felt a pink & grey color scheme would be good for this one.

The background used here is Cornish Heritage Farm's Scratched Grid stamped in charcoal fluid chalk.

I used my computer to create the sentiment using the Microsoft Word's Word Art option. I got this idea from another of the Hanna Stamps Design Team Members Kendra Wietstock who did a similar thing on one of her cards yesterday ... I need to play around a little more to see the options for this but I think it has many uses .... if you want to find out how to duplicate this idea check out Kendra's blog here. The stop sign is part of the Route 66 set that I stamped and cut out and added to the centre of the sentiment.

Recipe:
Stamps:
Route 66 - Hanna Stamps; Scratched Grid - CHF
Papers: White; Pretty in Pink; Regal Rose - SU; Stormy - Bazzill
Other: Black Ink; Charcoal Fluid Chalk; Jumbo Brads; Foam Tape

6 comments:

Unknown said...

LOOOOOOOVE Hanna on a bike!

Michelle said...

Ohhh, I love this card - it's Fabulous! I love the colors & the background.

stampqueen said...

Love the Biker Hanna!!! My DH rides a Harley (occasionally I am with but not often - its his time to de-stress). I will definatly have to add this one to the LONG wish list...
Tera

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is fabulous, Frances!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

I love this card, Frances!! It's gorgeous!

Trina said...

I love biker babe Hannah!! What an awesome new set!!
Great coloring and layout!!