Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's A Baby!

During weekend a couple of my friends announced that they were having a baby this year .... so I felt like making a baby card :) .

This card combines two challenges, the Celebrate MFT challenge and the Featured Stamper on SCS. This week's featured stamper is KathyC and after some time browsing her gallery I decided to CASE this card of hers. As per the featured stamper rules I had to make at least 2 changes to my card .... here are my changes:
  • Changed the colors.
  • Changed the image used.
  • Changed the DP
  • Changed the position of the ribbon
  • Added a layer to my scallop shape
  • Changed the position of my sentiment
  • Added a brad to the top left corner of the DP panel
  • Changed the background stamp used.
  • Paper Pieced my main image.
I didn't have the right color ribbon so I created my own using white grosgrain ribbon and my alcohol markers.
Recipe:
Stamps: Its A Shower Set - My Favorite Things; Scratched Grid Backgrounder - CHF
Paper: White; Soft Sky, Blue Bayou & Soft Sky DP - SU
Other: Black Ink; Blue Bayou SU Ink; White Grosgrain Ribbon; Blue Brad; Circle Nestabilities; Foam Tape

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Love the colors!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

very pretty, Frances!

Unknown said...

Its beautiful! I love the colors on this so much!

Kimme said...

Very pretty! I LOVE it! I wonder who you can send it to?