Friday, November 9, 2007

Merry Christmas - Club Project

Yesterday I went down to my stamp club that I attend monthly. Each month someone in our club nominates a project from one of our national stamping magazines. This project was created by Jayne Mercer and appeared in a Stamping & Papercraft magazine late last year I believe.

In my magazine the cards look more purple then blue but appears my magazine is the only one that has that problem ... every other mag I saw yesterday the card looked like it should in blue ... weird. This does look a little bluer in real life too but this was the best I could get the color for this post!

I did make a couple of minor changes to the original project ... eg I used the Merry verse and decided to add the Christmas to the bottom using the word window punch.

Recipe:
Stamps: Holiday Spirit - Stampin' Up; Christmas Verse - Stampendous
Paper: Night of Navy - SU; Splash - Bazzill; White
Other: Night of Navy SU Ink; White Ink; Light & Navy Blue Brads; Word Window Punch; Navy Grosgrain Ribbon

4 comments:

Kylie Swain said...

What a stunning card. Funny thing is, I know Jayne and met her while on holiday in Australia last month and she is lovely. I haven't seen Jayne's original card but I love what you have done with the 'Merry' word.
Well done.

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful holiday card!

Anonymous said...

Love you work just gorgeous

Jayne Mercer said...

I'm very flattered and love the changes you made. Thanks for sharing.