Thursday, November 8, 2007

Birthday Pinwheel!

This card is for the challenge I do each week with my Sassy Friends (formerly Fab Friends) on SCS. This week we were CASEing a card from our newest member Sherry, after browsing her gallery we all decided to CASE two of her cards found here and here. The idea this week was to CASE the pinwheel part of Sherry's card which is what I did here.

I actually created this card on Sunday afternoon, before I found out that Jimmi was this weeks featured stamper. This card is probably the reason I ended up CASEing the pinwheel tent card in Jimmi's gallery.

I don't have either of the SU tag punches as yet so I opted for a Marvy tag punch I do have that has a scallop edge ... the folding was done exactly the same way you would the SU tag punches, however I did need more tags.

I also used my Happy Birthday cuttlebug embossing folder to create the background on this card.

You can find my tutoral on how to create the pinwheel here.

Recipe: Stamps: Verse - Papertrey Ink
Paper: Glitter Stack DP - DCWV; Brights Card Stack - DCWV
Other: Black Ink; Oval Punch; Photo Corner Punch; Marvy Tag Punch; Circle Punch; Yellow & Blue Brads; Grosgrain Ribbon; Happy Birthday Cuttlebug Embossing Folder

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cheery card! I love it!!! I may just have to make one of these pinwheel cards, lol. Thanks for sharing.

Libby Hickson said...

WOW, that is just gorgeous!!! How fun!

Danni said...

That is just so cool! Great job!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! I love this one so much better than your first one! Great job on the challenge.

Rose Ann said...

What a gorgeous pinwheel!! I love the colors too!

Diane said...

I loooove this card soooo much!!!
I prefer the scalloped edges verses the other cards I saw...love all those pretty colors,everything matches so perfectly!!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love these colors! :)

www.stampingsmiles.com

Ila said...

Wow! What a Fabulous card...love that pinwheel and the colors are so bright and Fun!!

Alhambra Club said...

This card is fantatic, love the pinwheel