Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sketch Challenge Cards

These cards are both for today's sketch challenge on SCS. For this layout once you fold the card in half you then need to cut approx 1 inch from the right side of the front of the card. It has been a long time since I have made something using this style of card so it was fun to revisit.

The top card is actually the second card I made for this challenge but it is the one I like the best! It uses the tree and verse from Papertrey Ink's "Believe" set.

For the bottom card I used a stamp I purchased recently at a stamp show, the BBQ chef is by Whipper Snapper, I thought he was a lot of fun when I saw him at the show so had to bring him home with me .... he works well with SU's Backyard BBQ set which is what I have also used here.

Recipes:

Christmas Tree
Stamps: Believe Set - Papertrey Ink
Papers: Real Red & Old Olive - Stampin' Up; White; Fruitcake DP - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Ticket Corner Punch; Olive Grosgrain Ribbon; Red Brads

BBQ Chef:
Stamps: BBQ Chef - Whipper Snapper; Backyard BBQ - Stampin' Up
Papers: White; Black; Turquoise; Red Stripe DP - Unknown
Other: Black Ink; Black Brads

6 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

These are fantastic, love your tree and coloring and that paper is great, and who could not love a Bar-B-Que.

Anonymous said...

Both cards are fantastic! Everything about them is so marvelously coordinated. Great work as usual.

Unknown said...

I love them both! I need to get some of the fun stamps you have. Thanks for enabling me, once again. :D

Anonymous said...

I love this Cmas card! I'm going to CASE the style.

Rose Ann said...

Such awesome cards, Frances! I really love your PT tree card!

Maria said...

Fabulous cards! I love this fold! The colors of your cards are so vibrant. . .I love it. Great use of pattern paper too!

Maria