Sunday, October 21, 2007

Don't Forget!

One of the things I don't want to forget is that today we get another featured stamper challenge on SCS! So who is todays featured stamper? It is Carole Burrage aka TruCarMa, congratulations Carole!

After spending a little time checking out Carole's gallery I finally decided to CASE this card. Of course I had to make at least two changes to Carole's card for this challenge. Here is what I changed:
  • Used a different image
  • Used a different verse
  • Used a different background stamp
  • Used a different ribbon
  • Changed the colors
  • Added my verse to the right corner of the olive card
  • Added brads to the bottom corners of the card
  • Added an additional layer to my base card
For this card I stamped the elephant twice once on the scallop circle and once on scrap white card. After coloring both images in I cut out the head only of the scrap piece and layered it to the elephants head using foam tape.

Recipe:
Stamps: It's a Jungle out there - My Favorite Stamps; Weave B/G - Cornish Heritage Farms
Paper: Old Olive - SU; White; Dark Grey
Other: Black Ink; Olive Pastel & Dark Moss Fluid Chalks; Circle Nestibilities; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Grosgrain Ribbon; Olive Brads; Foam Tape

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome, Frances! I definitely prefer it to the original!!! You're such an awesome stamper -- it's an honor to be CASEd by you! Big hugs!!!

Rose Ann said...

This is so cute! I love how you popped the elephant's head and the colors you used! Love it!

Yani said...

Gorgeous card!