Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A True Friend!

I was quite excited today when I saw today's sketch challenge, you see the sketch this week was inspired by a card my friend Charlene created. And even more exciting than that was the fact that the card she has created using this design was the snow card she had made for our CCEE challenge that we do weekly! And all those snow cards made their way down to me as I had never seen snow, so I had that actual card in front of me .... wow!!!!!!!!!! I thought it was pretty cool anyway ;)

Before I could start on my card, I had to decide whether to use my new stamps I received in the mail today from SU or the ones I received from High Hopes stamps .... as you can see I compromised and ended up using a stamp from both companies!

I hadn't done this week color challenge yet so I again combined that with the sketch challenge, I seem to be doing that a lot lately but it seems to work out well so far. This weeks color challenge was: More Mustard, Old Olive and Bashful Blue.

We all know that a dog is mans best friend, and what better friend can you have then a little boy willing to share his ice cream with his dog .... you can see they are planning on sharing!!!! That dog definitely has his eyes on that ice cream .... and who could blame him! So when I was looking for something else to finish off my card I looked across at my new SU stamps sitting on the table behind me and saw my new "True Friend" set ...... so I stamped just the few words I need separately and then punched them out using my word window punch.

Recipe:
Stamps:
Ice cream for Two - High Hopes Stamps; True Friend and Paw Wheel - Stampin' Up
Papers: More Mustard, Old Olive, Bashful Blue - SU; White
Other: Black Ink; Creamy Caramel SU Ink; Spots & Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Word Window Punch; Ticket Corner Punch; Bone Brads

6 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

What a cutie patootie card! Love that image and your coloring!

Unknown said...

I love all your High Hopes cards...and this one is just as adorable as all the others. Thanks for the sharing/ enabling. ;)

michelle sturgeon said...

VERY cute card!

Anonymous said...

I just ordered this stamp from High Hopes! So cute.

Diane said...

Sweet card!!! Those HH stamps are gorgeous,i've ordered some as well.
It's hard not to get addicted to those cause they're just adorable.

Rose Ann said...

What a cute, sweet card!!