Sunday, September 16, 2007

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #19

I normally get to make my card for Beate's weekend sketch challenge sometime Saturday and post it to my blog at the latest on Saturday afternoon. Yesterday I was out most of the day on a shopping trip with my family ... not necessarily a fun shopping trip LOL, but one that needed to be done anyway. You see it was the 1st of our Christmas shopping trips we do with my Mother, sister and our respective daughters ... we like to do it this way because then we have some help as to what to buy each others families for Christmas so if my sister's DH doesn't like what I get him he can blame my sister etc LOL. The not fun part is we all have different tastes etc so sometimes we are hanging around a shop that interests one person longer than we might like ... now if there was a stamp shop!!! ... I know I would be making them wait but unfortunately that doesn't happen. It was a pretty productive day considering it is only or first one for the year ... I know it sounds early to some of you to go Christmas shopping in September ... but I hate leaving things to the last minute ... and for an Aussie this is the next important holiday of the year ... remember halloween & thanksgiving are not holidays we celebrate here.

Anyway I did finally get to Beate's sketch, I had printed it out before I left in the morning and after a bit of a rest got to it last night ... but was tooo tired to try and take my photos and upload it to my blog, so decided to wait and do that today instead.

I decided to play with another of my High Hopes stamps that I have which I haven't used as yet .... I just love this cute newspaper boy ... actually I love soooooo many of their stamps!! I stamped the boy and colored him, and sponged the edges of my card using old paper distress ink. I also used my paper piercing mat and tool to create the corner in top right hand side of the card. This was then layered to choc chip and old olive card. I also sponge the old olive with old paper distress ink as I wanted it to have a similar look to the DP I picked for this card.

I used my stamp positioner to stamp my verse down the side of the olive card so it would be fairly central to the image. I also used my small oval punch to create the decoration at the top of the old olive card ... it needed something there. This was all layered to the Basic Grey Paper.

I layered not quite navy & choc chip card to use as my strip across the card and added the micro brads ... I thought that suited this card better than ribbon would. I then used my sign as my embellishment I needed for the lower left corner.

I really like how this one turned out ... not sure yet what I will do with it .... my daughter boyfriend does have a nephew so maybe this will be his birthday card for next year ... I can put an appropriate verse inside to go with the extra extra verse on the outside.

Recipe:
Stamps:
All Stamps - High Hopes Stamps
Paper: Old Olive, Choc Chip, Not Quite Navy - Stampin' Up; White; Pipeline (Hang 10) Basic Grey DP
Other: Black Ink; Old Paper Distress Ink; Metallic Micro Brads; Small Oval Punch; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Foam Tape

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore this card! What a cute layout and clever use of the sketch! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Frances, what a darling card. I love it!

Unknown said...

Wow, this card was definitely worth the wait...its absoulutely adorable! You rocked this challenge!

Anonymous said...

Super cute card! He is just so sweet!

Eva said...

I love this stamp and your work is amazing!