Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Snappy Birthday

I wasn't sure whether I would manage to make a card today as it has been a hectic type of day. But I did want to try out Julee's (from Poetic Artistry blog) new sketch challenge she has up for her Beach Bingo round 5. I am not 100% happy with this one but I had to play with my new Crab & Co set which arrived today - I have wanted this set for sooooooooooo long!

It is hard to see some of the details of this card in the photo (clicking on the photo may help). First up I did stamp cheesecloth on the folded card, it shows up in real life but not sooooo well in the photo. I also did 2 rows of paper piercing along the bottom edge of the red panel. For the most part I used my DP to pick my colors to use on this piece, except of course for the red which I decided would be a good contrast. I only have the mega scallop oval punch so I had to use my creative memories oval cutter to create my oval layers & then used my scallop scissors to create the scallop edge around the red oval. I guess I could have found ovals on my cricut, but i didn't have time to find the size I wanted. The crab is stamped onto the oval and then masked to add the clouds and a little bit more sand.

Recipe:
Stamps: Crab & Co and Cheesecloth - Stampin' Up; Clouds - Mostly Animals; Paint Splatter - Printworks
Paper: Ballet Blue & Sage Shadow - SU; Red; White
Other: Black Ink; Celeste Blue Impress Ink; Creative Memories Oval Cutter; Word Window Punch - SU; Blue Brads - Making Memories; Paper Piercing Guide & Tool; Foam Tape


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a perfect and fun card for this layout! Love it!

Alhambra Club said...

Love this little guy, your card is adorable.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a happy little card. That crab just makes me smile.

Unknown said...

Your card is adorable! I just love seeing what you come up with everyday.

Dede said...

I love the card. My SIL has this set I think I will have to borrow it after seeing your card.

Ida said...

I think your card is just adorable. Ida