Thursday, July 26, 2007

Dare to Get Dirty - 07

To celebrate the 3rd anniversary of the Splitcoast Stampers Fan Club, the Dirty Dozen are hosting a special week of challenges. Every day they will be posting 4 challenges (8 on Saturday & Sunday), I am already behind today besides the challenges starting at 2 am my time, I also had to do the grocery shopping and fix up some other business while I was out. But once I came back I was able to get a couple of cards made for the challenges.

The first card which really is the 2nd card I made, but I liked it more so it gets to be at the top of this post ;) covers to challenges. It is genie1314 sketch challenge & also texasjodylynn's brads challenge. The yellow square is actually paper so the texture is in the paper not stamped, in case anyone is interested. My Papertrey Ink stamps arrived this morning so I also got to play with the circle borders for this card ..... these are lots of fun! But now I think I might need more punches ;)


This blue card was for StamperSharon's Toile Challenge, it was a toss up whether I made this blue or red and as blue is my favorite color .... well you can see what won! The background on this one is the Cornish Heritage Farm background stamp and while looking through my catty of stamps I own for what to put on the front I came across these little kids fishing so I decided to use that as well. There is actually another little kid on this stamp but I didn't want the panel that long so I cut that one off. I also used my cuttlebug vintage die to create the corners on top of this card. The verse is again from the Papertrey Circle Border set.

There is still one challenge which I haven't done as yet, I am hoping to get it done tonight. That challenge is "Pets", I guess if I really wanted to a mouse could be a pet ..... but as I would never have a mouse as a pet in this house I am not going to do that. If I get it done tonight I will post it here. I have an idea just need to get it made.

Recipes:

Say Cheese:
Stamps: Farm Friends & Let's go for a walk - My Favorite Things; Circle Border - Papertrey Ink
Papers: Old Olive - SU; White; Black; Create & Spirit (Color Me Silly) - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Dark Moss & Olive Pastel Fluid Chalk; Black & Yellow Brads; Circle Punches

Blue Toile:
Stamps: Floral Background - Cornish Heritage Farms; Kids Fishing - Ornamentum; Verse - Papertrey Ink
Paper: Ballet Blue - SU; White
Other: Ballet Blue SU Ink; Blue Brads; Vintage Cuttlebug Die; Circle Punches

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Your work is always so amazing.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the corners on the blue toile! Beautiful card!

Rose Ann said...

Awesome cards for the challenges! You sure are rockin' them, Frances! ;)