Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Warm Up Cards

The challenge this week for learn a new technique over at SCS was making warm up cards. Warm up cards are little cards approx 3 inches square that should only take you about 10 to 15 mins to make. As I work in metres not inches most of the time mine are just a fraction bigger and 8cm square. I created these ones using scraps or leftovers I had lying around.

For this pink one I cut my card and folded it in half and then stamped the polka dots background from Polka Dots and Paisley - I love this background. I then cut a strip of pink which I layered to black card and attached to the middle.
I used my new "M for Mother" stamp from MissyB Designs which I punched out and layered to a black circle and attached to the centre of the card.












I started the "find joy" card by folding a white card in half, I then stamped the background using my canvas background stamp (another fav) using Blush rose fluid chalk. The scallop strips are left overs when I was creating a scallop border for a previous challenge, I liked the look of them so I decided to keep them in case of - so I used them here. I then stamped the verse onto white card, layered it onto burgundy and attached to centre.











For my froggy card, again I had the cuttlebugged tiny bubbles background sitting in my scrap book so I cut it down to fit my 8cm square card, used my ticket corner punch to punch the corners. I decided to use my new frog from MissyB Designs which I stamped on white card, colored and then punched out with a circle punch and then punch out a scallop circle and layered together and attached to the card. I added the white dots to the scallops and the corners using a white gel pen.










You will all I expect recognise this doggy! This was left over from when I made my coaster box and long card last week, I already had the scallop circle punched out as I wanted to get rid of the card and there was enough left to punch one scallop so I did. And of course a scrap of my fav background paper which I attached to the left of the card. I used my paper piercing mat pack & tool to pierce the holes in the corners. This is one of my favs!












I am not tooo fussed on this one but included it anyway. Again it was a scrap of cuttlebugged card from a previous project which didn't get used - this is the Friend embossing folder. I didn't want to obscure the word friend or toooo many of the other words either. I attached the ribbon to the middle, but it still needed something. I then saw this flower that was attached to my drawer in front of me as I was going to use it for something and changed my mind so stuck it there for safe keeping LOL! I attached it to the top of the card and it helped so I left it there.

5 comments:

Rose Ann said...

All of your warm-up cards are fabulous!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are all terrific! I love how unique they all are. I'm going to have to find that frog stamp... he just makes me smile!

Anonymous said...

Your warm up cards are so pretty and fun! You know I love the Froggy one especially, your card inspires me to stamp a card like that when my froggy arrives. Rosy

Anonymous said...

Wow....all your small cards look amazing!

Kristine said...

What a great idea! Love all of them, but my favorite is the froggy!! love the cb bg. :)