Monday, May 7, 2007

Splash!

This week's featured stamper on SCS is Alli Miles aka themilesmum, she has some great cards in here gallery. The idea of the featured stamper is to highlight someones gallery and then you case one of there cards making at least 2 changes to the card. Here is the card I got my inspiration from to make this card, CC111 We Stand United.

When I first looked at Alli's card I was going to go with flowers and then I saw another card on SCS that was also cased from this particular card that also used flowers, so I decided to change the flowers to an image of some sort. The duck was chosen as it was the first stamp I located that was about the size I needed, from there the card had a mind of its own. I change the colors, I embossed the orange panel with bubbles, I used my tab punch instead of using the ribbons in the original card and of course I felt it needed something in the lower right corner so I found the yacht button. At this stage the card was complete with a plain white border but then I spied my polka dot stamp and I thought hmmmmmmm! So the question then was do I risk ruining the whole card if the polka dots don't stamp properly over those layers - the answer was obviously yes I will risk it so I masked my inner panel (it was already attached to the white card) and stamped the polka dots around the frame. Fortunately it worked out well, and I didn't ruin my card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Duck - Whipper Snapper Designs; Polka Dots - Stampin' Up; Karen Foster Snap Stamps
Paper: White; Orange; Sapphire Blue
Other: Black Ink; French Blue & Burnt Sienna Fluid Chalk; Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Tab Punch & Ticket Corner Punch - Stampin' Up; Glossy Accents; Striped Ribbon; Yacht button

7 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Super card...love all the elements here!

Michele Kovack said...

What an adorable card! Love that cutie pie stamp!

Kristine said...

WOW--sooo cute! What a fun little card to make :)

Anonymous said...

This is just the cutest..I love all your cards..

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

So sweet...I love ducks ...cute

Anonymous said...

What an awesome inspiration!! Love your idea!!

Sam said...

This card is gorgeous! All your cards are so beautifully made. Well done.