Thursday, April 12, 2007

It's Delightful & Chocolate

Today was club day for me, each month I meet with about 20 odd other stampers for a day of stamping. In our club it was decided a year or two ago that we would take turns picking a project from one of our two Aussie stamping magazines and we would complete that. Sometimes our cards turn out similar to the project in the magazine and other times completely different, this month I guess they were fairly similar. This months project cards came from a recent Australian Papercrafts magazine and featured the colors pink & brown; also stitching was involved and beads. I managed to get all three of the cards made, which for me is pretty good. Sometimes I don't make much at all at club, as I can create better when I am alone then with other people.


The stamps I used are different to what were used in the original magazine project, I didn't have those particular stamps but did have "delight in life" which I love so decided to use that set for all my cards. The flowers on all the cards are stamped on white card using chestnut roan fluid chalk and then colored using twinkling H20's. The card in the magazine did real sewing but on this one I just used faux stitching using a white gel pen.







The centre card was actually the first card I made today. I actually used a needle and thread to do the stitching on this one, and added beads to the centres of the flowers.



This is another using faux stitching this time using a pink gel pen, I used pink brads for the smaller flowers on this one.


Recipe for all cards:
Stamps: Delight in Life & Wonderful Words - Stampin' Up; Happy Birthday - Fern Gully; Dream - Karen Foster Snap Stamps.
Papers: Romance & Pinecone Bazzill; White
Other: Chestnut Roan & Orchid Pastel Fluid Chalk; White & Pink Gel Pens; Pink Brads; pink micro beads; paper piercing tool; pink stitched grosgrain ribbon; circle punch; slider cuttlebug die.






2 comments:

Stampin Mindy said...

I love the colors you used and the stamp set, I have been looking for an idea for my grandparents 70th wedding ann.Thanks you gave me an idea! Beautiful cards!

Anonymous said...

All three are beautiful