Saturday, April 21, 2007

Heavy Metal Wanna Bees!

When I first saw the Ways to Use it Challenge this week, this card was the furtherest thing on my mind that I would do. The challenge was: Heavy Metal - not the music, just to use metal products on the card - it could be eyelets, clips, hardware, washers...if it is metal..it's fair game! Today I sat down to make a start on a card for this challenge and I remembered this cute Bugawamps stamp I got a few years back. My daughter quickly told me that they don't look like a heavy metal band, but they insisted on being on the card so what is a girl to do! I figure they are just "heavy metal wanna bees!" - hehehe. If you look close you might see I almost did it again, the bugs are yellow and there is a tiny touch of red there, but I did resist that and found this background paper I like and used that instead - I think it turned out okay. My metal on the card is of course the eyelets, and I also had some metal alphabet ribbon charm things which I threaded onto black ribbon and attached to my card.

Recipe:
Stamps: The Band - Bugawamps; words - Karen Foster Snap Stamps
Paper: White, black, teal, b'ground paper unknown
Other: orange brads; Metal letters; black ink, black embroidery floss, tria markers

1 comment:

Dina Kowal Creative said...

I love it! Just think, they could have made it big if they'd just changed their name to the Beetles...HA! This is great, and I don't know if you did it on purpose but the eyelet feature reminded me of the tuning keys on a guitar (my husband says that's what they're called - those turny things, you know?). Cute!