Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Happy Mickey Birthday

I have been wanting to make this type of a card for a while now. I should have taken another photo of it side on, sorry. Basically the main image is attached to the card so that part of it is sitting above the folded card. The part that is folded is 4.5inches square (11.5cm), you might want to cut that down to 4.25inches (11cm) so it will fit in a normal envelope - mine just fits in one, but I wanted the wider white border. I used my stamp positioner to stamp my greeting, which was no mean feat as I had to work around Mickey who is attached to the card using foam tape - it does help to decide you want to stamp a verse before you attach Mickey hehehe.
This is the last of my Mickeys that I cut out from my Mickey & Friends cartridge, so this is more than likely the last Mickey card for now, next time I play with that cartridge I might have to cut out something different.

Recipe:
Stamps: Happy Everything & Polka Dots and Paisley - Stampin' Up
Paper: White, sun yellow & red
Other: Mickey & Friends Cricut Cartridge; Happy Birthday Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; red grosgrain ribbon; black brads; black ink

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

I love how happy this card is! The colors are perfect for Mickey and the layout is so clean.

Also wanted to let you know that I tagged you today on my blog.